With the aim of promoting research activity among young statisticians, the XIX Spanish Biometric Conference and VIII Ibero-American Biometric Meeting (CEB-EIB 2023) will have, at least, one special invited session for young researchers.
The abstracts selected to participate in the «Young Statisticians Showcase» will be eligible for the award for the best contribution presented by a young researcher (more information in the Awards section).
The conditions to participate in this session are the following:
- Be a member of the International Biometric Society (IBS) through one of the six organising regions (Argentinian, Brazilian, Central American and Caribbean, Chilean, Ecuadorian or Spanish).
- Be under 35 years of age.
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate, master or doctoral programme in one of the six organising regions.
- For PhDs, the time elapsed between the defense of the PhD thesis and the beginning of the conference (June 27, 2023) must be less than 12 months*.
* This period may be modified in the case of maternity/paternity leave or illness. In this case, the time elapsed between the defense of the PhD thesis and the beginning of the conference must be less than 12 months plus the period of accredited leave.
To be eligible to participate in these special sessions, young researchers must submit an abstract of the work to be presented as an oral communication. Only one abstract may be submitted to these sessions.
The abstract must be submitted in LONG format, 4 pages long, in ENGLISH, and must follow the template that has been created for this conference. Either LaTeX or MS Word can be used.
- Download LaTeX template for the «Young Statisticians Showcase»
- Download MS Word template for the «Young Statisticians Showcase»
Abstracts should be submitted following the normal abstract submission procedure (see Abstract Submission), during which the option «Young Statisticians Showcase» should be selected.
The selection of the contributions to be presented in these sessions will be made based on their scientific quality and originality. The members of the Scientific and Organising Committees will act as the selection committee in collaboration with the regional societies. In case of a tie, seniority as a member of the IBS will be taken into account. Once the evaluation and selection of contributions have been completed, those selected to participate in the special sessions will be notified.