The organization of the XIX Spanish Biometric Conference and VIII Ibero-American Biometric Meeting (CEB-EIB 2023) offers a total of 5 scholarships to attend the conference. The scholarships will cover the registration fees that will not be necessary to pay.
The following conditions must be met to apply for the scholarships:
- Have an accepted abstract (oral or poster) for presentation at the conference.
- Be under 35 years of age.
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate, master or doctoral programme.
- For PhDs, the time elapsed between the defense of the PhD thesis and the beginning of the conference (June 27, 2023) must be less than 12 months*.
* This period may be modified in the case of maternity/paternity leave or illness. In this case, the time elapsed between the defense of the PhD thesis and the beginning of the conference must be less than 12 months plus the period of accredited leave.
Those interested in applying for the scholarships should send the following documentation to email@example.com (o firstname.lastname@example.org), indicating in the subject «Becas Inscripción Jóvenes CEB-EIB 2023»:
- Copy of the abstract submitted for the conference.
- Letter stating the importance of attending the conference and the financial need that justifies the scholarship application. The letter must be signed by the applicant and the supervisor of the work submitted.
The deadline for submission is April 21, 2023 at 23:59. Once the applications have been received, they will be evaluated by members of the scientific and organizing committees appointed for this purpose. A decision will be sent to all applicants within 5 days from April 21, 2023. The selection will be made on the basis of the quality and originality of the work, together with the financial need of the participant. In case of a tie, priority will be given to members of the IBS (through one of its regions).